Copyright: Friends of the Boyd, Inc.
The third Cinerama blockbuster, "Seven Wonders of the World" opened July 3, 1956 at the Boyd and was shown for more than a year.
The slide also depicts "Bandido" starring Robert Mitchum as being shown nearby. Built for silent movies in 1921, the Aldine was renamed the Viking Theatre in 1954. The vertical sign had a ship and oars. Renamed Sam's Place, it closed in 1994 and became a CVS.